Open-Faced Breakfast Sandwich

So I know I have posted a lot of egg recipes lately. And I know that may be the understatement of the year. But there’s just something magical about a runny egg and it deserves all kinds of stages and props and costumes to make it the star of the show.

But this one is simple. So simple in fact, you may just laugh me off my blog. It started around midnight when I got hungry. So there I was after padding to the kitchen looking for something to eat like some kind of gremlin, when I remembered we had bread, eggs and bacon. And guacamole in the freezer.

Open-Faced Breakfast Sandwich




Ingredients
  • 2 slices multi-grain bread
  • 4 heaping tablespoons guacamole / 1/2 avocado, sliced / 1/2 avocado mashed
  • 4 rashers bacon
  • 2 eggs
  • Pepper to taste

Instructions

  1. Lightly toast the bread in the toaster or oven
  2. Over medium high heat, cook the bacon and drain on paper towels
  3. Over medium heat in a separate pan, cook the eggs sunny side up until the whites are solid, about 5 minutes
  4. Spread guacamole/avocado on bread slices and top with two bacon slices each
  5. Top with the sunny side up egg and sprinkle with pepper to taste
  6. Serve hot
LihatTutupKomentar